THE MISSION OF DOPPER
In order to ensure that we are really in the world in the future, Dopper continuously works on the following three mission pillars:
1. Creating awareness about the impact of single-use plastic waste and inspiring people to initiate a change themselves.
2. Offering an innovative product line of sustainable design bottles for drinking water.
3. Increasing access to safe drinking water for people around the world.
WHY DO WE DO THIS?
- The biggest reason for the existence of Dopper is the enormous amount of plastic waste that we produce together:
- Globally, only 1% of this plastic is recycled.
- 50% of the plastic is immediately thrown away after use.
- Every day, cargo loads of plastic (often unintentionally) disappear in our oceans; via street, ditch, river and sea.
- In the five major ocean areas where this plastic concentrates, sometimes 36 times more plastic than plankton.
- The plastic ends up in our food chain in small particles via marine life and birds.
- 1 million seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually by the plastic in our oceans.
- And oh yes, for the production of 1 plastic bottle 1 liter of water and 1 liter of oil is needed.
Dopper is a social enterprise. Profit is not our goal; impact on a better world. That is why we look at the impact of our product and our organization from the cradle to cradle concept. We reuse to the maximum and minimize value destruction. How? So: